Monday, April 18, 2011

So much to update...

Where to begin....  Last time I wrote I just finished the ISSO clinic.  Boy was I sore.  It took me a couple of days to recover.  Then it was on to my other Mother's wedding. 

The week before the wedding, we scheduled a spa day at Spa of the Valley in the Hunt Valley Towne Center.  Linda the Bride (other mother), my mother, Mandy (Linda's daughter) and myself met for massages, facials and mani pedis.  It was so relaxing and all of us had a great time.  Then we met up with some other girls and went to dinner down Baltimore City at Pazo's.  That was an interesting dinner!  I am very picky and this place was so not my type.  I had to eat with caution ALL night.  But I was a good sport and found some things that I liked.


Final cake for cake decorating class

That week, Mandy and I also finished our basic cake decorating class at the Cake Cottage.  We learned how to do a basket weave and we assembled our roses on the cake.  I was very proud and found really liked doing the basket weave.  It looks so much harder than it actually is!






Linda and Ron's wedding was very low key being held in Little Italy, so we got the wild idea of making the wedding cake ourselves.  I think we were crazy for taking it on but after a week of stressing, everything turned out great!  Here are some pictures from the wedding.  I loved getting dressed up and I don't do that very often!

The whole cake was decorated with buttercream

Bride and Groom chocolates that I made
Jason went fishing the morning of the wedding while I was getting my hair and makeup done, so of course we had to get a picture with the catch of the day.

Classy Catfish!

Jason and I

My favorite picture
I will post more when I am feeling better.  I will go into my skin problems and how I am trying to control my life and not let it get the best of me.  Hope everyone is doing well and I will post soon!

No comments: