Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Crab-tastic Weekend!




Jason did not keep his mouth shut!

This past weekend the Boy and I started off by leaving Saturday morning at 4am to go crabbing out of Dundee Creek Marina.  We have been crabbing here the last 4 weekends and have been averaging about a half bushel each time.   This time we went to a new place to set out our trotline.  It was raining a tiny bit as we headed out but that tapered off (thank goodness).  The little bugs and nats down there are horrible.  They were hitting my face and getting stuck to my forehead as we were on plane heading out.  I had to remember to keep my mouth shut!!! 


Headed out!


We did good on Saturday of catching a bushel of good 6 inch sized crabs.  Nice and big and only had to throw back about 2 dozen that we caught.  We left the water about noon and came home and steamed them up.  We ate what we could then started picking the rest to make crabcakes on Sunday.  We got 2.5 lbs picked to use for the cakes!  Here are some of the pics of the crabs we caught!


On Sunday we had a lazy day that consisted of sleeping in, making breakfast, sleeping some more, making lunch, taking a nap and making dinner.  Somewhere in there I got Jason's nephews' cake decorated for him making it thru pre-K.  The teachers theme this year was Carebears.  My Mom had a 3-D carebear cake when I was little so this was the perfect time to break it out and make a cake with it.  If I felt better I would of spent more time being careful but I was worn out and wasn't in the mood to decorate.  But Lance was happy so thats all that mattered!  




Next weekend we will be crabbing down the Wye River so hopefully everything goes well!  I also need to get on my pony tonight and hope the weather holds out!  So little time to fit everything in.  I will also post pics from the goose rig that we just got last night!

No comments: